Bandar Steel industries Ltd. (BSI) is committed to meet the requirements of relevant legislation in the countries, to the efficient use of natural resources and energy, and to reduce continuously the environmental impact of its operations and products through the adoption of sustainable practices. BSI always complies with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
In implementing the Policy the following key principles will be demonstrated:
Effective environmental and energy management systems will be implemented and maintained and these will ensure the environmental awareness of the workforce, encouraging every employee to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
The environmental impact of processes and products will be assessed and continuous improvement objectives and targets will be established to prevent and reduce emissions and minimize waste and control noise.
BSI will achieve a leading position within the steel industry by minimizing its greenhouse gas emissions, researching breakthrough technologies and developing products that help to reduce emissions from the rest of society.
Efficient use will be made of energy, raw materials and water through adoption and sharing of good practice.
Environmental and energy performance will be monitored and audited. High-level Policy objectives and improvement targets will be reported publicly.
Key suppliers and contractors will be encouraged to behave in an environmentally responsible manner and to abide by principles similar to those set out within this policy.
Communities in the locality of its sites will be actively engaged by BSI so that it can understand and seek to address their concerns in relation to environmental issues.
Habitats in and around BSI sites will be respected and where opportunities arise to do so in a way that is conducive to business operations, they will be progressively enhanced for the benefit of nature. BSI will Provide environmental training to our employees and actively promote awareness of environmental and biodiversity issues.
Now a day, a revolution is happening in steel sector of Bangladesh. People are now well aware of quality of the products. BSI wants to lead entire steel world of Bangladesh by means of quality and to achieve this vision, a family of more than thousand people are currently dealing with a mission, a mission to provide world class products and services to the customers, as well as, improvement and innovation of products to attain the highest level of quality. Our dream is to achieve the best position in quality among not only this country, but also, the entire world.
We are committed to provide a socially accountable work environment to all employees and uphold ethical business practices by respecting employee’s rights.
The organization focuses in particular on:
• Health and Safety: BSI is committed to provide a safe and healthy working environment for its employees in accordance with the Health and Safety.
• Discrimination: BSI will not engage in, or support discrimination in hiring, compensating, accessing training, promotions or terminations of employment based on race, national origin, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
• Freedom of Association: BSI accepts the rights of all employees to belong, or not to belong, to a recognized Trade Union of the employee’s choice.
• Working Hours: BSI will comply with the applicable laws and industry standards on working hours.
• Employee Grievance: BSI is committed to resolving any employee grievance as quickly as possible.
• ILO Requirements: BSI is committed to fulfill all relevant statutory rules & regulations of ILO requirements, applicable international instruments and their interpretation.
• Training Opportunities: BSI is committed to provide learning and training opportunities to all employees.
This policy is communicated and understood within the organization.
Copyright: © Bandar Steel Industries Ltd.